Friday, November 11, 2005

Eaglepalooza SNAFUs

Why can't we ever have anything nice? Here's a story about the travails of Eaglepalooza, which is set for the 18th.

I do think the light opera meets heavy rock in a downtown rumble will be pretty fun. (Ok, the rock will not be so "heavy," but the word works for my journalistic purposes.) Puts me in mind of the Coast Con (Science Fiction convention on the Coast)/gun show debacle of several years ago. Geeks with light sabers meet rednecks with Uzis! Good times, people.



$100,000!?! Isn't that a bit of an overkill? I mean, can't you pretty much get anybody to play for like 5 or 6 grand? Is there some state of the art sound and lighting? Just how many people do they have to pay? Doesn't this seem like somewhat of a waste? I'm glad they're doing this, but isn't there a parking problem on campus?  


Not to mention the Katrina damage on all of the USM campuses. I dunno what they're thinking.  


They paid the headliner $50,000. Mother F*&ker better be good. They let a student handle the money.  


Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates